Synthesis and Properties Study of 1-(2,4-dimethoxyl-5-pyrimidinyl)-2-[2-methyl-5-(3-methyl)-phenyl-3-thienyl] Perfluorocyclopentene
- J.J. Liu, H.L. Liu, S.Z. Pu
- Corresponding Author
- J.J. Liu
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.21How to use a DOI?
- diarylethene; photochromism; pyrimidine; fluorescence
- A novel photochromic diarylethene bearing a pyrimidine moiety, 1-(2,4-dimethoxyl-5-pyrimidinyl)-2-[2- methyl-5-(3-methyl)-3-thienyl]perfluorocyclopentene has been synthesized. Its properties, including photochromic and fluorescent behaviors, have been investigated. The compound exhibited remarkable photochromism, changing from colorless to red after irradiation with UV light in solution. The cyclization/cycloreversion process of the compound was determined to be the zeroth/first order reaction. The results indicated that the pyrimidine moiety played a very important role during the process of photoisomerization reactions.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - J.J. Liu AU - H.L. Liu AU - S.Z. Pu PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Synthesis and Properties Study of 1-(2,4-dimethoxyl-5-pyrimidinyl)-2-[2-methyl-5-(3-methyl)-phenyl-3-thienyl] Perfluorocyclopentene BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.21 ID - Liu2016/03 ER -