The Problems and Countermeasures of Cathodic Protection Accepatnce of The Yili River Crossing by Horizontal Directional Drilling Method
- W. Fu, X.Y. Zheng, Z.L. Zhang, Y.Z. Liao, J.J. Li, S.S. Chen
- Corresponding Author
- W. Fu
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.44How to use a DOI?
- yili river; horizontal directional drilling crossing; cathodic protection
- This paper aims at the problems and countermeasures of cathodic protection acceptance of the Yili River crossing project by horizontal directional drilling (HDD) method, addressing the performability of the acceptance criteria using polarization potential offset of not less than 0.7V required by the Kazakhstan Owners. Polarization potential and depolarization potential measurements as well as coating resistance measurements have been carried out based on the methods and requirements specified in NACE and ISO standard. The results show that protection coating has been damaged in the process of the HDD implement and cathodic protection system can protect the steel exposed, and that the polarization potential offset of not less than 0.7V required by the Owner cannot be met even the protection potential within the protection criteria specified in the design document. Finally, polarization potential offset of not less than 0.33V has been agreed on by all parties for the acceptance of HDD pipe Section.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - W. Fu AU - X.Y. Zheng AU - Z.L. Zhang AU - Y.Z. Liao AU - J.J. Li AU - S.S. Chen PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - The Problems and Countermeasures of Cathodic Protection Accepatnce of The Yili River Crossing by Horizontal Directional Drilling Method BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.44 ID - Fu2016/03 ER -