Chemical Composition Characteristics and Usability Evaluation of Flue-cured Tobacco Leaves –A Case Study of Tobacco-producing Areas in Chongqing Municipality, China
- B.W. Huang, C.F. Wei, H. Deng, J.K. Lv
- Corresponding Author
- B.W. Huang
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.55How to use a DOI?
- flue-cured tobacco; yunyan87; chemical composition; geology and landform; usability
- The market of Chongqing flue-cured tobacco always lacks a relatively perfect evaluation of its quality objective system. In order to solve the mentioned problem, this paper will carry on the appraisal to the chemical of flue-cured tobacco and availability. There are nine main tobacco-producing districts in Chongqing municipality, China. We divided them into three type regionsdue to the geographic features; 234 flue-cured tobacco samplesof Yunyan87 (including B2F C3F X2F) had been collected in 2014 to test the content of total sugar, reducing sugar, nicotine, total nitrogen, potassium and chlorine. Besides, its feature was evaluated at the same time. Theresults showed that:(1)The contents of total sugar and reducing sugar and the ratio of nitrogen/alkali of Yunyan 87 in the samples were relatively higher, while the potassium and chorine were relatively lower, the ratio of potassium/chorine was higher with larger variation, however, the other chemical compositions and ratios were all within proper ranges.(2)The contents and ratios of chemical compositions differed significantly between the samples from different classes and geological landforms.(3)The class indexes of chemical compositions from high grade to low gradewere:C3F B2F X2F,and the usability indexes of chemical compositions in different geology and landformwere: the northeast area of Chongqing, the southeast area of Chongqing, the central area of Chongqing. Therefore, the characteristics of chemical compositions and usability of flue-cured tobacco differed from different geological and landforms in Chongqing tobacco planting areas.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - B.W. Huang AU - C.F. Wei AU - H. Deng AU - J.K. Lv PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Chemical Composition Characteristics and Usability Evaluation of Flue-cured Tobacco Leaves –A Case Study of Tobacco-producing Areas in Chongqing Municipality, China BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.55 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.55 ID - Huang2016/03 ER -