The Control Effect of Traffic Information on Traffic Assignment
- Junqiang Guo, Bingzhong Ren
- Corresponding Author
- Junqiang Guo
Available Online November 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.16How to use a DOI?
- Information, Traffic, Simulation, Intelligent Traffic.
- The VISSUM and VISSIM simulation models are setup according to the real road network of Park City, Utah, U.S. The OD matrix is calibrated by the field turning counts. The effects of in-trip real-time information on traffic improvement are studied through microsimulation. Tests have shown that under adaptive traffic control signal, the in-trip real time information has negative feedback effect, and the traffic flows become stable. The information distribution parameters including frequency, delay and proportion of drivers using the information exhibits a window effect. Within the widows, total travel time decreases more than 10%, and total delay decreases more than 20%. The conclusion is that by carefully selecting the distribution parameters of real-time information, the traffic situation of this road network could be improved.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Junqiang Guo AU - Bingzhong Ren PY - 2012/11 DA - 2012/11 TI - The Control Effect of Traffic Information on Traffic Assignment BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Automobile and Traffic Science, Materials and Metallurgy Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.16 ID - Guo2012/11 ER -