Braking Force Distribution Strategy for Comfort of Tractor and Semi-Trailer Combination
- Hongyu Zheng, Zongyu Liu, Wenkai Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Hongyu Zheng
Available Online November 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.21How to use a DOI?
- Tractor/semi-trailer combination, Dynamic model, Coupling force control
- For the purpose of comfort enhancement during the braking process of tractor/semi-trailer combination vehicles, and in order to achieve a smooth braking deceleration establishment in which the braking force of a vehicle only relates to the braking signal it receives and yet is not affected by the gross mass of a semi-trailer, a braking force distribution algorithm is proposed. The algorithm, based on Electronically controlled Braking System, determines the semi-trailer's mass and vertical load of each axle, distributing the braking force of each axle according to its own vertical load. By using the TruckSim and MATLAB/Simulink, the simulation results show that, with such algorithm, braking deceleration of tractor/semi-trailer combination is only depend on the braking signal it receives, standing free from the impact of semi-trailer mass. Moreover, braking deceleration achieves a smooth establishment, which promotes its comfort. In addition, each axle gets a harmonious braking force distribution, thus achieving an ideal coupling force between tractor and semi-trailer.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hongyu Zheng AU - Zongyu Liu AU - Wenkai Xu PY - 2012/11 DA - 2012/11 TI - Braking Force Distribution Strategy for Comfort of Tractor and Semi-Trailer Combination BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Automobile and Traffic Science, Materials and Metallurgy Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.21 ID - Zheng2012/11 ER -