Study on the Effect of Bell Mouth Structure to Its Outlet Flow Field Evenness
- Zhi-Peng Li, Guo-Wang Zhang, Chao Lu
- Corresponding Author
- Zhi-Peng Li
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.33How to use a DOI?
- Bell mouth junction, CFD, AIP, Total pressure, Remodelling schemes.
- In this article a bell mouth junction assembled in front of the test article in practice was simulated by applying ANSYS CFX, the data of relative measurement points was picked up from the simulation result and compared with test data to validate the simulation reliability. Then, aiming to dwindle in the formal diameter of a standard designed bell mouth junction to satisfy assembling inside a small-diameter pipe in front of the test article, three remodeling schemes are introduced, and the validated simulation method is applied for the three. By comparing the simulation results, the effect of bell mouth inner wall profile to its outlet flow field evenness is obtained, furthermore, the location of aerodynamic interface plane (AIP) along the axis direction of junction is confirmed, and the optimized one of the three is elected.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhi-Peng Li AU - Guo-Wang Zhang AU - Chao Lu PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Study on the Effect of Bell Mouth Structure to Its Outlet Flow Field Evenness BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.33 ID - Li2016/12 ER -