Investigation of PBGA solder joint failure in reflow process
- Yu Guo, Zhi-Li Sun, Ming-He Liu, Xiao-Ying Ma
- Corresponding Author
- Yu Guo
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.37How to use a DOI?
- PBGA package, Solder joint, Reflow process, Stress and strain, Simulation.
- In PBGA package, solder joint provides not only mechanical support, electrical conduction and thermal conduction effect, but also withstands frequent thermal, mechanical, electrical loads in the high temperature operation of the electronic device. Thus, solder joint quality is directly related to PGBA products reliability in the practical application. Based on the finite element method, the thesis studies the thermal stress and strain distribution of PBGA solder joint during the reflow process so as to locate the maximum stress and strain. Furthermore, dangerous solder joint of PBGA failure is predicted as well. Studies show that the maximum stress and strain of solder joint are present in the corner joints between BGA and PCB connection surface. From this point of view, the danger joints of structural failure are the corner solder joints of PBGA.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu Guo AU - Zhi-Li Sun AU - Ming-He Liu AU - Xiao-Ying Ma PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Investigation of PBGA solder joint failure in reflow process BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.37 ID - Guo2016/12 ER -