Effect of Outflow Mode on Machined Micro-dimple in the Through-mask Electrochemical Micromachining with Filled Inter-electrode Gap
- Chen-Hao Zhao, Ping-Mei Ming, Wei-Hai Zhou, Xin-Min Zhang, Ge Qin, Chen-Xu Luo
- Corresponding Author
- Chen-Hao Zhao
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.36How to use a DOI?
- Through-mask electrochemical micromachining, Flexible porous material, Outflow mode of electrolyte, Micro-dimple arrays.
- To analyse the effect of outflow modes during making micro-dimples using the modified through-mask electrochemical machining with filled inter-electrode gap, some investigations were carried out numerically and experimentally. The studies showed that, the reflux discharging mode (RDM), which allows most of the electrolyte and electrolytic products to flow out through the holes arranged inside the cathode, can produce fairly more homogeneous flow field and smoother mass transfer during machining, compared with the conventional mode in which the electrolyte and electrolytic products can be discharged only from the inter-electrode gap. Micro-dimples generated on the basis of RDM show a flat bottom feature without island defect and smooth surfaces as well as good dimension uniformity.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chen-Hao Zhao AU - Ping-Mei Ming AU - Wei-Hai Zhou AU - Xin-Min Zhang AU - Ge Qin AU - Chen-Xu Luo PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Effect of Outflow Mode on Machined Micro-dimple in the Through-mask Electrochemical Micromachining with Filled Inter-electrode Gap BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.36 ID - Zhao2016/12 ER -