Analysis and Experiments on Strengthening the Platform Jacket by the Grouted Clamps
- Zhuo Wang, Bo Zhang, Tao Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Zhuo Wang
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.39How to use a DOI?
- Damaged pipe, Finite element analysis, Experiments in mechanics, Grouted clamps, Offshore platform.
- The grouted clamps will strengthen the offshore platform jackets which have fragile nodes and the damaged structure underwater. Theoretical analysis of buckling on the jacket was done with buckling theory under uniform axial compression and the method of finite element analysis under the condition of pipeline before and after the installation used by grouted clamp in order to ensure the reliability and safety of the offshore platforms. Experiments of grouted clamps strengthening the damaged pipe had been made and verified its reinforcement effect. This method of combining theory with experiments has sufficiently shown that the strengthening device of grouted clamp is a simple and feasible reinforcement method; it can solve the difficulties in offshore platforms nowadays by local strengthening technology on contact node of pipe and underwater steel bars.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhuo Wang AU - Bo Zhang AU - Tao Wang PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Analysis and Experiments on Strengthening the Platform Jacket by the Grouted Clamps BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.39 ID - Wang2016/12 ER -