Finite Element Analysis of the Effect of Cracks in Tire Shoulder
- Jun-Fei Wu, Zhao-Peng Du, Cheng-Lin Du, Peng Wang, Rui-Qing Liu, Zhu-Wen Shao
- Corresponding Author
- Jun-Fei Wu
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.124How to use a DOI?
- 11.00r20 Tire, Finite Element Analysis, Cracks in Tire Shoulder, Overload; Tearing Energy G, Life Prediction.
- You 11.00R20 tire shoulder suffered hyperthermia and periodic alternating stress will easily result in rubber aging and cracking, then the flaw generate in it. In this paper, based on ANSYS Workbench, a local sub-model of the 11.20R20 tire shoulder is established. And the stress, deformation and displacement of the sub models containing cracks are analyzed by FEA. The types of crack are distinguished in this paper, then tearing energy at crack should be calculated. Moreover, the crack life also be evaluated, so that we can estimate the effect of defect safety performance of tire
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jun-Fei Wu AU - Zhao-Peng Du AU - Cheng-Lin Du AU - Peng Wang AU - Rui-Qing Liu AU - Zhu-Wen Shao PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Finite Element Analysis of the Effect of Cracks in Tire Shoulder BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.124 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.124 ID - Wu2016/12 ER -