Finite Element Analysis of the Impact of Scratches on the Tire
- Jun-Fei Wu, Peng Wang, Cheng-Lin Du, Rui-Qing Liu, Zhu-Wen Shao, Zhao-Peng Du
- Corresponding Author
- Jun-Fei Wu
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.125How to use a DOI?
- Finite element analysis, Tire sidewall, Tread, Scratch.
- The performance of the tire has an important effect on vehicle running safety, and in the actual use of the tire will inevitably encounter a variety of complex and harsh conditions, it is easy to make the tire scratches, so to study the effect of scratches on the performance of the tire is very important. In this paper, the geometric model of tire scratches is established by SolidWorks, and then imported ANSYS Workbench to build finite element model of the tire and the ground. And the finite element analysis was carried out on the tire model with scratches, comparison different parts of the scratch on the tire under the standard air pressure and static load, strain and deformation analysis of different effects. Analyzing them the effects and the damage of the tire has certain guiding significance safe use of tires.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jun-Fei Wu AU - Peng Wang AU - Cheng-Lin Du AU - Rui-Qing Liu AU - Zhu-Wen Shao AU - Zhao-Peng Du PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Finite Element Analysis of the Impact of Scratches on the Tire BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.125 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.125 ID - Wu2016/12 ER -