The Simulation and Analysis of Erosion to a Layered Structure of a Single Particle
- Ping Liang, Yi-Bo Xu, Wen-Mo Li, Lu-Quan Ren
- Corresponding Author
- Ping Liang
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.126How to use a DOI?
- Dorsal scale, Layered structure, Stress wave.
- The dorsal scale of Laudakinstoliczkanain desert has good performance of erosion-resistance because it is composed of protein "soft" layer and the covering of the cuticle "hard" layer. In this paper, we simplify it to a layered structure called a bionic layered structure(BLS). Based on it, a numerical model for a single particle to impact BLS is established for simulating the impact process. Analysis results shows that BLS can effectively weaken the incident stress wave amplitude, to prevent the failure or damage of the whole structure.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ping Liang AU - Yi-Bo Xu AU - Wen-Mo Li AU - Lu-Quan Ren PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - The Simulation and Analysis of Erosion to a Layered Structure of a Single Particle BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.126 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.126 ID - Liang2016/12 ER -