Finite Element Analysis of a New Welding Structure of Cutter Mount in TBM
- Dong Zhu, Kiu Chen, Xiao-Qi Huang, Nan Hou, Wei-Zheng Wang, Jun-Zhou Huo
- Corresponding Author
- Dong Zhu
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.128How to use a DOI?
- Tunnel boring machine, Cutter mount, New welding structure, Finite element analysis.
- TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) has become a main technical means for the tunnel construction of rock condition. Cutter mount is an important welding structure on TBM cutter- head and it is the most dangerous positions to occur fatigue failure in the project. According to the characteristics that welding position of TBM cutter mount is easy to result in the fatigue fracture; a new cutter mount welding structure was designed on the basis of the damage positions of the cutter mount in practical engineering and the theory of welding structure design. Reduced-scale simplified models of existing service cutter mount welding structures and new cutter mount welding structure were established. Then, finite element analyses of the two reduced-scale simplified models were carried out and the results of finite element analysis for two kinds of reduced-scale simplified models were compared. The result shows that the area of compressive stress distribution of the new structure weld zone is larger than that of the existing service structure, the residual tensile stress is not conducive to the improvement of the fatigue performance of the structure and the compressive stress is favorable. Therefore, the new welding structure can effectively improve the fatigue performance of TBM cutter mount.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dong Zhu AU - Kiu Chen AU - Xiao-Qi Huang AU - Nan Hou AU - Wei-Zheng Wang AU - Jun-Zhou Huo PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Finite Element Analysis of a New Welding Structure of Cutter Mount in TBM BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.128 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.128 ID - Zhu2016/12 ER -