Finite Element Analysis on Heat Generation of Multiplate Wet Clutch
- Jin-Gang Liu, Tian-Wei Zuo, Feng-Wu Shan, Jian-Wen Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Jin-Gang Liu
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.134How to use a DOI?
- Wet clutch, Simulated calculation, Temperature field, Stress field.
- According to wet clutch friction temperature is too high, excessive thermal stress, and other issues during the engagement. It adopted ANSYS workbench software for finite element analysis and introduced direct coupling method to complete simulated calculation and analysed of the temperature field and stress field under two different conditions by the steel discs of the wet clutch. The calculation took into transfer situation of the frictional heat between the friction disc and the pairing steel discs with a consideration of a variety of displacement constraints. Simulation result showed that the temperature of each point on the friction pair increased as the radial distance away from the clutch shaft. Reducing the engagement time is beneficial to reduce the engagement temperature, but it will increase the impact force, affect the ride comfort, increase the engagement time will increase the engagement temperature. The investigation results will lay a foundation for further thermal manage and structure optimization of multiplate wet clutch.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jin-Gang Liu AU - Tian-Wei Zuo AU - Feng-Wu Shan AU - Jian-Wen Chen PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Finite Element Analysis on Heat Generation of Multiplate Wet Clutch BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.134 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.134 ID - Liu2016/12 ER -