Research on the Three Dimensional Modeling Method of Automobile Steering Rocker Shaft Non-Circular Sector Gear
- Jin-Fang Yu, Guo-Long Ding, Ya-Li Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Jin-Fang Yu
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.142How to use a DOI?
- Automobile steering, Rocker shaft, Non-circular sector gear, Three dimensional modeling.
- The precise 3D(Three Dimensional) modeling of the non-circular sector gear of the rocker shaft is an important basic work for the study of the mechanical properties of the automobile steering. The traditional 3D modeling method is difficult to obtain accurate model of the rocker shaft because of its special gear surface structure. Through the analysis of the meshing movement rules and the numerical control machining process of the non-circular sector gear, a kind of 3D modeling method based on the actual gear shaping process of the non-circular sector gear is proposed. Combined with instance data, the two-dimensional simulation model in MATLAB was firstly carried out, and we also found out that the tooth profile of the big end face and small end face of the non-circle sector gear is the offset curve rather than the shift curve. The accurate 3D model of the non- circular tooth fan was built by Solidworks, and after leading-in the model to ANSYS, it was found that the model could not be meshed. Finally, the model dressing method was proposed, and the 3D model which can be meshed is obtained through the method of segment the gear workpiece by extracting the envelope surface of the cutter motion.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jin-Fang Yu AU - Guo-Long Ding AU - Ya-Li Zhang PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Research on the Three Dimensional Modeling Method of Automobile Steering Rocker Shaft Non-Circular Sector Gear BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.142 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.142 ID - Yu2016/12 ER -