The Role of Palmer Cultural Linguistics in Translation
- Hong-Li Gao, Xian-Feng Feng
- Corresponding Author
- Hong-Li Gao
Available Online June 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/msmi-14.2014.18How to use a DOI?
- Pahner Cultural Linguistics, Schema, Imagery, Translation.
- Palmer Cultural Linguistics, a linguistic cultural theory which makes imagery as its core, develops from the combination of Boasian linguistics, ethnosemantics (ethnoscience) and ethnography of speaking, making great contribution in many fields relating to 1anguage. Therefore, this paper expounds and analyzes the basic principles and standpoints about Pahner Cultural Linguistics, discloses the important role of Palmet Cultural Linguistics in the course of translation so as to improve the level of translation practice and serves translation better.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hong-Li Gao AU - Xian-Feng Feng PY - 2014/06 DA - 2014/06 TI - The Role of Palmer Cultural Linguistics in Translation BT - 2014 International Conference on Management Science and Management Innovation (MSMI 2014) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/msmi-14.2014.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/msmi-14.2014.18 ID - Gao2014/06 ER -