Research on Anti-galloping Method for 6×1520 mm2 Large Cross Section Conductors
- Bin Liu, Kuanjun Zhu, Caolan Liu, Xinmin Li, Jiajun Si
- Corresponding Author
- Bin Liu
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.21How to use a DOI?
- large cross section conductor; anti-galloping method; rotary clamp spacer; UHV DC transmission line; nonlinear finite element method
- The anti-galloping method was proposed for the 6×1520 mm2 large cross section conductor. The galloping model was established by using nonlinear finite element method and considering geometric nonlinear, aerodynamic nonlinear and initial deformation. The galloping characteristics and the critical conditions to excite galloping were obtained for the large cross section conductor. And the anti-galloping effect was also evaluated by using the rotary clamp spacers. The results show that the multi-bundled conductors are more vulnerable to the galloping phenomenon than the single conductors under the same ice and wind conditions. And the galloping characteristics obtained by 1520 mm2 large cross section conductor are basically the same with other cross section conductors. The anti-galloping effect can meet the requirement by using rotary clamp spacer for the 6×1520 mm2 large cross section conductor in the easy galloping areas. And even in the harshest ice and wind conditions, the galloping amplitude can be reduced in the largest extent and the time to excite galloping can be greatly extended.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bin Liu AU - Kuanjun Zhu AU - Caolan Liu AU - Xinmin Li AU - Jiajun Si PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Research on Anti-galloping Method for 6×1520 mm2 Large Cross Section Conductors BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.21 ID - Liu2015/10 ER -