Investigating the Standard Process of Conventional Gold Refining Process in Kelantan, Malaysia
- Kaspin Saadiah, Nadiah Mohamad
- Corresponding Author
- Kaspin Saadiah
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.42How to use a DOI?
- component; gold; refining process; standard process; Malaysia
- The conventional method of gold refining process is widely used and it seems no further effort has been taken to improvise the system. Safety, productivity and reliability issue remains to be crucial barrier to local jewelers to refine their in-house gold scrap. The findings have brought the researcher to conduct site visits to some of the refinery centers to identify their popularly known conventional gold refinery process. Based on researcher early observation during the site visits has founded that current refinery practice seems unsafe and dangerous due to improper handling of acidic chemical substances and unhealthy refining procedures at the workplace. The process normally produce smokes, poisonous fumes and smells that could endanger human’s health, safety and pollutes the environment largely without proper control measures.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kaspin Saadiah AU - Nadiah Mohamad PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Investigating the Standard Process of Conventional Gold Refining Process in Kelantan, Malaysia BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.42 ID - Saadiah2015/10 ER -