Insertion Loss Spectrums Behind Straight Noise Barriers: Scaled Experiments
- P. Bhuripanyo, S.I. Voropayev, H.J.S. Fernando
- Corresponding Author
- P. Bhuripanyo
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.41How to use a DOI?
- sound barriers; diffraction from top; impulsive “point” sound source; barrier efficiency
- the results of scaled acoustic laboratory experiments with noise barriers are reported. Short impulsive spherical sound wave with broad frequency spectrum is used as controllable sound source. Using spectral analysis the insertion loss spectral functions were calculated for experiments with different source-receiver positions. The results were rescaled to traffic barriers and for typical traffic noise spectrum the values of the traffic barrier efficiency (a single number rating) were estimated and the directivity diagrams obtained.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - P. Bhuripanyo AU - S.I. Voropayev AU - H.J.S. Fernando PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Insertion Loss Spectrums Behind Straight Noise Barriers: Scaled Experiments BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.41 ID - Bhuripanyo2015/10 ER -