A Study on Aggressiveness of KCl to Steel Material in High Temperature in Biomass Boilers
- Hongliang Zhang, Yuchun Li, Wei Wang, Lei Ma, Lin Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Hongliang Zhang
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.40How to use a DOI?
- chemical property; aggressiveness; high temperature reaction; activation oxidation process
- Aggressiveness of KCl in high temperature was studied in this article. Electrochemical experiments in hot molten KCl and corrosion experiments in high temperature were conducted for analysis of possible reaction. Comprehensive analysis indicated that aggressiveness mechanisms of KCl in high temperature were controlled by four-step processes. The final step was activation oxidation process, which can lead to higher stress and result in oxide scale exfoliation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hongliang Zhang AU - Yuchun Li AU - Wei Wang AU - Lei Ma AU - Lin Chen PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - A Study on Aggressiveness of KCl to Steel Material in High Temperature in Biomass Boilers BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.40 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.40 ID - Zhang2015/10 ER -