Experimentally Testing the Polyethylene Pipes upon Being Strained with the Squeeze – Off Tool
- Eugen Avrigean, Adrian Marius Pascu, Valentin Stefan Oleksik
- Corresponding Author
- Eugen Avrigean
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.39How to use a DOI?
- mechanical test; polyethylene pipe; rapid photography
- The present paper aims at monitoring the behavior of the high density polyethylene pipe when pressed by an external force in order to shut it off so that the natural gas can no longer pass through the distribution pipelines. The behavior of the polyethylene pipe will be observed by means of fast shutter cameras, and the mechanical tests will be conducted by using the squeeze-off tool.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Eugen Avrigean AU - Adrian Marius Pascu AU - Valentin Stefan Oleksik PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Experimentally Testing the Polyethylene Pipes upon Being Strained with the Squeeze – Off Tool BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.39 ID - Avrigean2015/10 ER -