Soil Vapor Extraction Removal of Semi Volatile Organic Compounds in Soil: A Pilot-scale Study
- Chi Zhang, Xiao Chen, Yingyu Tan, Yijian Feng, Zhong Zhong
- Corresponding Author
- Chi Zhang
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.44How to use a DOI?
- soil vapor extraction; SVOCs; contaminated soil
- Semi Volatile Organic Compounds (SVOCs) contamination in soil was a widespread problem in China due to industrial pollutants leak and discharge. A pilot study of SVE and related combination techniques was demonstrated for soil contaminated with SVOCs. A miniaturization SVE system was applied in research and performance of this extraction system was measurement. The results of the field test showed that single SVE treatment has limited effect in SVOCs removal and combination of chemical oxidation with SVE and heating SVE could get a better remediation effect of 89% removal and costs 216RMB/m3. It is promising to use SVE combination techniques in the SVOCs contaminated soil remediation, through change soil properties or optimize operating parameters, due its good efficient and economical.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chi Zhang AU - Xiao Chen AU - Yingyu Tan AU - Yijian Feng AU - Zhong Zhong PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Soil Vapor Extraction Removal of Semi Volatile Organic Compounds in Soil: A Pilot-scale Study BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.44 ID - Zhang2015/10 ER -