Teaching Paradigm Reform Based on Semi-Flipped Classroom and a Preliminary Practice
- Lingjian Ye, Xiushui Ma, Weihong Zhong, Hongwei Guan
- Corresponding Author
- Lingjian Ye
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.1How to use a DOI?
- Flipped classroom, Hybrid paradigm, Teaching practice, College education
- The flipped classroom paradigm brought up innovative reforms into the teaching field and has been prevalent globally in the recent years. However, the success of a flipped classroom relies on various supporting elements, which cannot be generally guaranteed in a particular college education. To release the strictness so as to enhance the college education, this study proposes a semi-flipped classroom paradigm which integrates the models of the traditional teaching paradigm and the flipped classroom. The new teaching pattern is designed and the fundamental elements of a semi-flipped classroom are elaborated in detail. In a scientific way, the new teaching paradigm absorbs both advantages of the two sides, hence more suitable for the college education. Preliminary practice has been carried out in a college course, which showed a great potential of the new paradigm.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lingjian Ye AU - Xiushui Ma AU - Weihong Zhong AU - Hongwei Guan PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Teaching Paradigm Reform Based on Semi-Flipped Classroom and a Preliminary Practice BT - 2017 2nd International Seminar on Education Innovation and Economic Management (SEIEM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.1 ID - Ye2017/12 ER -