A Contrastive Analysis of Learners' Behaviors in Different terms of a MOOC Course--Case Study of Management Communication
- Erdong Zhao, Shangqi Li, Sichen Dai, Yuehong Miao
- Corresponding Author
- Erdong Zhao
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.53How to use a DOI?
- MOOC, contrastive analysis, Learners' Behaviors, strategy
- The popularity and academic performance of the MOOC course is issuing that many MOOC practitioners highly regarded. This paper analyzes the case of Management Communication, the first course in economic and management specialty, went online in Chinese University MOOC since 2015. By comparing the changing of the basic data in three aspects of MOOC, register variation, learners' post in forum and the weekly tests and final, we aimed to find the rules of learner's behaviors and the reaction of the changes in teaching strategy. The results reflect several rules in MOOC course. According to these results, this study proposes several methods and suggestions to reduce the abandonment rate by building the learning community, giving full play to the teaching assistant, proposing methods to arouse the activity of forum utilizing and presenting a clear route for MOOC teachers to appeal more people to register and finish their courses.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Erdong Zhao AU - Shangqi Li AU - Sichen Dai AU - Yuehong Miao PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - A Contrastive Analysis of Learners' Behaviors in Different terms of a MOOC Course--Case Study of Management Communication BT - 2017 2nd International Seminar on Education Innovation and Economic Management (SEIEM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.53 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.53 ID - Zhao2017/12 ER -