A New Teaching Method of "Introduction to Computer Science" Course Inspired by the Operation Mode of Restaurant
- Xiaodan Chen, Siming Li, Hongping Yuan, Junyan Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaodan Chen
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.66How to use a DOI?
- Introduction to Computer Science, Restaurant operation, Training plan, Teaching objects, Learning methods
- "Introduction to Computer Science" is the first compulsory course for undergraduates majoring in computer science. This course covers the core knowledge of computer science, and needs to give students the right concept and sufficient interest to lay the foundation for future computer learning. It's important to choose a good teach method. As a matter of fact, the elements of teaching are similar to the elements of restaurant operation. Not only that, the university professional training plan liked the restaurant menu. And the course teacher's duty is same as the restaurant staff. Therefore, the restaurant operations inspired a new teaching method of "introduction to computer science". That is to say, the course teacher should fully analyze the characteristics of teaching objects, help students to understand the professional field, impart professional learning method, and think everything just like the restaurant staff.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaodan Chen AU - Siming Li AU - Hongping Yuan AU - Junyan Zhang PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - A New Teaching Method of "Introduction to Computer Science" Course Inspired by the Operation Mode of Restaurant BT - 2017 2nd International Seminar on Education Innovation and Economic Management (SEIEM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.66 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.66 ID - Chen2017/12 ER -