An Analysis of Functional Shifting of Word Classes
- Changqing Pang, Huimin Liu, Di Pang, Shanshan Gao
- Corresponding Author
- Changqing Pang
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.80How to use a DOI?
- functional shifting of word class, linguistic economics, translation
- Global integration calls for more efficient language translation techniques, where English-Chinese translation enjoys a higher priority. Practically, the mastery of vocabulary is of great challenge to translators, and this paper focuses on the important translation skill of functional shifting of word classes to flexibly and sufficiently solve vocabulary problem so as to transmit messages exactly and make translation process economical. This paper, on the basis of translation teaching practice, explores the causes of functional shifting of word classes from the perspective of linguistic economics, and summarizes the application laws of functional shifting phenomenon, in order to improve the idiomaticity and accuracy of translation work.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Changqing Pang AU - Huimin Liu AU - Di Pang AU - Shanshan Gao PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - An Analysis of Functional Shifting of Word Classes BT - 2017 2nd International Seminar on Education Innovation and Economic Management (SEIEM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.80 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.80 ID - Pang2017/12 ER -