Volume 1, Issue 2, June 2008, Pages 159 - 167
Clinical Decision Support Systems: a Review of Knowledge Representation and Inference under Uncertainties
- Guilan Kong, Dong-Ling Xu, Jian-Bo Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Guilan Kong
Available Online 12 June 2008.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.2.6How to use a DOI?
- clinical decision support system, inference mechanism, knowledge representation scheme, knowledge acquisition tool, group clinical decision making, uncertainty handling.
- This paper provides a literature review in clinical decision support systems (CDSSs) with a focus on the way knowledge bases are constructed, and how inference mechanisms and group decision making methods are used in CDSSs. Particular attention is paid to the uncertainty handling capability of the commonly used knowledge representation and inference schemes. The definition of what constitute good CDSSs and how they can be evaluated and validated are also considered. Some future research directions for handling uncertainties in CDSSs are proposed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Guilan Kong AU - Dong-Ling Xu AU - Jian-Bo Yang PY - 2008 DA - 2008/06 TI - Clinical Decision Support Systems: a Review of Knowledge Representation and Inference under Uncertainties JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 159 EP - 167 VL - 1 IS - 2 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.2.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.2.6 ID - Kong2008 ER -