Volume 3, Issue 3, September 2010, Pages 315 - 324
Models for Multiple Attribute Group Decision Making with 2-Tuple Linguistic Assessment Information
- Guiwu Wei, Xiaofei Zhao, Hongjun Wang, Rui Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Guiwu Wei
Available Online 29 June 2010.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.7How to use a DOI?
- Group decision making; Linguistic assessment information; 2-tuple; TOPSIS
- The aim of this paper is to investigate the multiple attribute group decision making(MAGDM) problems with 2-tuple linguistic assessment information, in which the information about attribute weights is incompletely known, and the attribute values take the form of linguistic assessment information. In order to get the weight vector of the attribute, we establish two optimization models based on the basic ideal of traditional TOPSIS, by which the attribute weights can be determined. For the special situations where the information about attribute weights is completely unknown, we establish some other optimization models. By solving these models, we get two simple and exact formulas, which can be used to determine the attribute weights. Then, based on the TOPSIS method, calculation steps for solving MAGDM problems with 2-tuple linguistic assessment information are given. The weighted distances between every alternative and 2-tuple linguistic positive ideal solution (TLPIS) and 2-tuple linguistic negative ideal solution (TLNIS) are calculated. Then, according to the weighted distances, the relative closeness degree to the TLPIS is calculated to rank all alternatives. These methods have exact characteristic in linguistic information processing. They avoided information distortion and losing which occur formerly in the linguistic information processing. Finally, some practical examples are used to illustrate the developed procedures.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Guiwu Wei AU - Xiaofei Zhao AU - Hongjun Wang AU - Rui Lin PY - 2010 DA - 2010/06 TI - Models for Multiple Attribute Group Decision Making with 2-Tuple Linguistic Assessment Information JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 315 EP - 324 VL - 3 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.7 ID - Wei2010 ER -