Volume 3, Issue 3, September 2010, Pages 325 - 333
Integrated total cost and Tolerance Optimization with Genetic Algorithm
- R.Sampath Kumar, N. Alagumurthi
- Corresponding Author
- R.Sampath Kumar
Available Online 1 September 2010.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.8How to use a DOI?
- Tolerance allocation, Machining cost, quality loss, Genetic algorithm.
- The tolerance allocation problem has been studied in the literature for decades, usually using mathematical programming (or) heuristic optimization approaches. Elegant tools for minimum cost tolerance allocation have been developed over several decades but still there is no specified tool to find the total cost with respect to machining cost and asymmetric quality loss functions. Objective of this paper is to find the optimized total cost by considering the machining cost and the asymmetric quality loss of an assembly. The non linear multi variable optimization of total cost problem formulated is solved using genetic algorithm. In this work, Piston and cylinder arrangement example was considered for concurrent allocation of design and machining tolerance, as well as to optimize the total cost. The result shows, optimized tolerance will enhances the quality and reduces the total cost.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - R.Sampath Kumar AU - N. Alagumurthi PY - 2010 DA - 2010/09 TI - Integrated total cost and Tolerance Optimization with Genetic Algorithm JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 325 EP - 333 VL - 3 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.8 ID - Kumar2010 ER -