Volume 4, Issue 5, October 2011, Pages 749 - 758
A Projection Pursuit Based Risk Assessment Method in Mobile Ad hoc Networks
- Fu Cai, Liu Ming, Chen Jing, Zhang Li, Xiao-Yang Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Fu Cai
Available Online 7 September 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2011.4.5.1How to use a DOI?
- project pursuit, genetic algorithm, risk assessment, projection direction, projection index.
- Establishing high performance cooperation and estimating nodesâ€™ risk level in mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) are currently fundamental and challenging due to the inherent characteristics of MANETs, such as the highly dynamic topology and the absence of an effective security mechanism. Trust based assessment methods were recently put forward but presumed restrictions to the data samples or presumed weights for nodeâ€™s attributes are required. In this paper, Projection Pursuit based Risk Assessment (PPRA), is proposed to analyze nodeâ€™s creditability. As projection pursuit turns high-dimensional node properties to low-dimension space, all nodesâ€™ risk levels could be clustered effectively and accurately. Projection index, the same as judgment index of clustering consequence, is utilized to reveal the behavior of different nodes. By maximizing projection index through Genetic Algorithm (GA), optimal projection direction is obtained, and then the projection values of each node could be calculated. Finally, the results in one-dimension or two-dimension projection space show that our method is more efficient and practical than traditional methods.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Fu Cai AU - Liu Ming AU - Chen Jing AU - Zhang Li AU - Xiao-Yang Liu PY - 2011 DA - 2011/09 TI - A Projection Pursuit Based Risk Assessment Method in Mobile Ad hoc Networks JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 749 EP - 758 VL - 4 IS - 5 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2011.4.5.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2011.4.5.1 ID - Cai2011 ER -