On Some Aspects of a New Class of Two-Piece Asymmetric Normal Distribution
- C. Satheesh Kumardrcsatheeshkumar@gmail.comDepartment of Statistics, University of Kerala, Trivandrum 695 581, IndiaM.R. Anusreeanusreemr@yahoo.co.inDepartment of Operations, Rajagiri Business School, Kochi 682 039, India
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.8How to use a DOI?
- Method of maximum likelihood, Plurimodality, Probability density function, Skewness, Skew normal distribution
Through this chapter, we introduce a new class of two-piece asymmetric normal distribution suitable for asymmetric and plurimodal situations. We study some important aspects of this distribution by deriving explicit expressions for its distribution function, characteristic function, reliability measures etc. A location-scale extension of this class of distribution is considered and carried out the maximum likelihood estimation of its parameters. Further we have fitted the distribution to a real life data set for illustrating the usefulness of the model.
- Copyright © 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licences/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - C. Satheesh Kumar AU - M.R. Anusree PY - 2018 DA - 2018/03 TI - On Some Aspects of a New Class of Two-Piece Asymmetric Normal Distribution JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 101 EP - 121 VL - 17 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.8 ID - SatheeshKumar2018 ER -