Quantitative characteristics of traps in AlGaN/GaN MIS-HEMT via transient capacitance measurement
- Jie Lin, Bin Dong, Ning Wang, Zongdai Liu, Lingli Jiang, Kai Cheng, Hongyu Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Jie Lin
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.43How to use a DOI?
- AlGaN/GaN MIS-HEMT; transient capacitance measurement; traps.
- The electrical property degradation of AlGaN/GaN MIS-HEMT, including degradation of output characteristics, a higher ON-resistance and a threshold voltage negative shift (~1.8V), is correlated with near-interface trap behaviours in SiN/AlGaN. These traps are quantitatively characterized using the transient capacitance measurement, from which we could estimate the near-interface trap densities in the SiN/AlGaN. Measurements reveal the trap density before step-stress with 1.404x1015cm-3 and an increased density of 1.709x1015cm-3 after step-stress. A hot electron injection model is used to discuss the relationship between trap behaviours and device reliability.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jie Lin AU - Bin Dong AU - Ning Wang AU - Zongdai Liu AU - Lingli Jiang AU - Kai Cheng AU - Hongyu Yu PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Quantitative characteristics of traps in AlGaN/GaN MIS-HEMT via transient capacitance measurement BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.43 ID - Lin2016/11 ER -