A dual-loop control system of grasping force for prosthetic hands
- Congbo Li, Xiaobao Deng, Qunming Li
- Corresponding Author
- Congbo Li
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.79How to use a DOI?
- dual-loop control system; prosthetic hands; reflex control; grasping force; fuzzy controller.
- Despite the rapid developments of prosthetic hands technologies in recent years, there still exists a huge gap between prosthetic hands and human hands in flexibility. The limitation of sensors attached to the prosthetic hand is one of the causes, and another reason is that the materials, weight, and stiffness of the object gripped by a prosthetic hand are unknown. Additionally, the external disturbances in prosthetic hands are not certain. The factors mentioned above lead to difficulties in controlling grasping force of prosthetic hands, and that affects the quality of prosthetic hands applications. Therefore, it is important to design a stable and reliable system to control grasping force. This paper presents a dual-loop control system of grasping force for prosthetic hands, and we carried out some relative experiments based on a single degrees of freedom prosthetic hand. The experiment results show that the proposed control system is effective.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Congbo Li AU - Xiaobao Deng AU - Qunming Li PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - A dual-loop control system of grasping force for prosthetic hands BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.79 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.79 ID - Li2016/11 ER -