Technogenic sand as activator of cement hardening
- Marina Sergeevna Ageeva, Alexey Nikolaevich Botsman, Larisa Nikolaevna Botsman, Alina Valentinovna Ishchenko, Anna Nikolaevna Krivenkova
- Corresponding Author
- Marina Sergeevna Ageeva
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.4How to use a DOI?
- active mineral admixtures, waste of wet magnetic separtion of ferruginous quartzites, cement hardening
- One of the possible fields of application of wet magnetic separation waste of ferruginous quartzite was considered in the paper. For Belgorod and neighbouring regions, the problem of this waste utilization is quite acute. The most effective specific surface of the filler, by which the averaging of grains with insignificant inclusion of larger aggregates is observed, was revealed. At that, large particles of technogenic sand, presented mainly by contact metamorphic quartz, facilitate the grinding intensification, acting as peculiar additional grinding bodies, but the grains themselves in waste magnetic separation (WMS) acquire a rounded cubical form, increasing packing density of the mixture. The use of finely ground microadmixture in cement showed that introduction of 1 % of the waste mass of wet magnetic separation of ferruginous quartzites with the specific surface of 600 m2/kg increases the cement strength approximately 1,7 times.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Marina Sergeevna Ageeva AU - Alexey Nikolaevich Botsman AU - Larisa Nikolaevna Botsman AU - Alina Valentinovna Ishchenko AU - Anna Nikolaevna Krivenkova PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Technogenic sand as activator of cement hardening BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.4 ID - Ageeva2017/07 ER -