Design of Oil and Gas Industry Pipeline Systems Taking into Account Out-of-Roundness of Pipes and Change of Transportation Mode
- Ramil Nazifovich Bakhtizin, Khasan Akhmetzievich Azmetov, Zukhra Khasanovna Pavlova, Oleg Anatolyevich Makarenko
- Corresponding Author
- Ramil Nazifovich Bakhtizin
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.13How to use a DOI?
- pipeline; out-of-roundness of pipes; transportation mode; internal pressure; strength; safety.
- Major requirement to the design of oil and gas industry pipeline systems is the provision of their safety under actual operating conditions taking into account the actual technical properties of the used items. Experience shows that the actual operating conditions of pipeline system objects are characterized by the deviations from the accepted conditions at the design stage. The main cause of deviation of the actual operating conditions from the accepted ones is the change of transportation mode before the complete pipeline shutdown. Items used for construction of pipeline systems, including pipelines, have various manufacturing defects within the requirements of the current regulatory documents. Specified deviations and manufacturing defects lead to the increase in the level of mechanical stresses in load-bearing members of structures and decreasing of safety of pipeline systems operation. This stipulates the necessity of performing analysis of influence of the technological operating parameters and pipes technical properties on design solutions and structure safety. Purpose of the study is to analyze the influence of out-of-roundness of pipes and change of pipeline product transportation mode on design solutions and structure safety, give the design solution for provision of strength and safety. Object of study is pipeline with the section out-of-roundness under conditions of change of transportation mode. Methods of study are the theoretical studies of stressed-deformed state and safety of pipelines with out-of-roundness under conditions of change of transportation mode. Results are as follows: the authors analyzed the influence of pipes out-of-roundness and changes of transportation mode on design solutions and structures safety, offered the design solution for provision of strength and safety
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ramil Nazifovich Bakhtizin AU - Khasan Akhmetzievich Azmetov AU - Zukhra Khasanovna Pavlova AU - Oleg Anatolyevich Makarenko PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Design of Oil and Gas Industry Pipeline Systems Taking into Account Out-of-Roundness of Pipes and Change of Transportation Mode BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.13 ID - Bakhtizin2017/07 ER -