Effect of Swirling Gas Flow in Electrode Cavity on its Erosion
- A.S. Anshakov, E.B. Butakov, A.E. Urbakh, P.V. Domarov, V.A. Faleev, V.S. Cherednichenko, V.R. Bower
- Corresponding Author
- A.S. Anshakov
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.30How to use a DOI?
- plasmatron, electrode, plasma-forming gas, electrode's erosion, arc current
- Investigation results on specific erosion of copper tubular electrodes of the arc plasmatron for air heating are presented. The decisive influence of spatial stabilization of the arc discharge and current strength on the value of specific erosion is shown. The conditions of optimal erosion of electrodes are determined depending on the flow rate of plasma-forming gas, pressure in a discharge chamber, and an electrode diameter
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - A.S. Anshakov AU - E.B. Butakov AU - A.E. Urbakh AU - P.V. Domarov AU - V.A. Faleev AU - V.S. Cherednichenko AU - V.R. Bower PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Effect of Swirling Gas Flow in Electrode Cavity on its Erosion BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.30 ID - Anshakov2017/07 ER -