Study of Fast Relaxing Excitations Caused by Ultrashort Laser Pulses in Nanoscale Domain
- A.V. Eremin, K.V. Trubitsyn, I.V. Kudinov, V.A. Kudinov, V.K. Tkachev, E.V. Stefanyuk
- Corresponding Author
- A.V. Eremin
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.34How to use a DOI?
- Heat conduction boundary problem, local non-equilibrium heat exchange, relaxation factor, time-variable heat flow, numerical solution, analytical solution
- By using the heat balance equation and a modified Fourier law's formula considering the relaxation of heat flow and temperature gradient, a model of the local non-equilibrium process of plate heating with ultrashort laser pulses, modelled by heat flow of time-variable second-class boundary conditions, step (discontinuous) time function, was developed. The research showed that consideration of non-locality results in the delayed plate heatup irrespective of the laser radiation flow intensity. This fact is explained by the resistance caused by the medium to the process of change of its temperature condition, which increases as the relaxation factor grows. It was also shown that in consideration of the relaxation phenomena, the boundary conditions (first-, second- and third-class) may not be fulfilled immediately - they may be set only within a definite range of the initial time section. Therefore, the immediate implementation of the boundary condition is impossible since the value of the heat transfer factor has a definite limit, depending on the relaxation properties of the medium, which may not be exceeded under any conditions of heat exchange with the medium. The relations are given which allow establishing such laser radiation flow change patterns at which the wall surface temperature would remain set and constant over time
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - A.V. Eremin AU - K.V. Trubitsyn AU - I.V. Kudinov AU - V.A. Kudinov AU - V.K. Tkachev AU - E.V. Stefanyuk PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Study of Fast Relaxing Excitations Caused by Ultrashort Laser Pulses in Nanoscale Domain BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.34 ID - Eremin2017/07 ER -