Fractures modeling in system of engineering analysis
- A.Yu. Babin, V.A. Gafarova, V.K. Berdin
- Corresponding Author
- A.Yu. Babin
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.37How to use a DOI?
- oil refineries, oil and gas technologies, defect, fracture, modeling, system of engineering analysis, stress intensity factor.
- Equipment used at the enterprises implementing oil and gas technologies is potentially hazardous and should be of high degree of reliability. Reliability of equipment reduces the number of defects appearing during the operation process. One of hazardous and unpredictable defects is fracture. If there is a fracture, it is permitted to operate an installation under operating conditions up to the definite critical size of the fracture. However, to operate the installation with fracture, it is required to perform a detailed study of the defect and to calculate residual operation life of the equipment. One of the most suitable methods of fracture studying is finite element analysis. The article presents the method of fractures modeling in the system of engineering analysis, ANSYS, and comparison of obtained results with analytical solution
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - A.Yu. Babin AU - V.A. Gafarova AU - V.K. Berdin PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Fractures modeling in system of engineering analysis BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.37 ID - Babin2017/07 ER -