Development of method for determining bottom-hole pressure in production wells
- Vladislav I. Galkin, Inna N. Ponomareva, Irina A. Chernykh
- Corresponding Author
- Vladislav I. Galkin
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.38How to use a DOI?
- oil producing well; bottom-hole pressure; bottom-hole pressure monitoring; multivariate mathematical models; correlation analysis; correlation number
- The paper is devoted to the effectiveness increase of monitoring the value of seam pressure when operating oil-producing wells. This problem is relevant for well operation when using subsurface measuring systems. In such cases, seam pressure is determined by recalculation of the dynamic level value, measured at wellhead. The absence of the method of reliable characterization of a multiphase flow leads to substantial errors in the seam pressure, measured in that way. In the present paper, a principally different approach to determination of seam pressure is considered, which is based on the mathematical processing of the accumulated data on parallel wellhead and subsurface measurements. Oil-producing wells, exploiting Famenskaya deposit of Ozyorny field, were chosen as an object of the research. The data on 579 parallel wellhead and subsurface measurements were processed. The use of incremental regression analysis made it possible to develop multidimensional models for Famenskaya deposit, allowing one to determine the seam pressure value in the absence of possibility of its direct measurement. A principle advantage of the developed method is the use of only those parameters as initial data, the determination of which during well operation is not accompanied by difficulties. Comparison of seam pressures, measured and calculated by means of the obtained models, demonstrates high reliability of the developed method
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Vladislav I. Galkin AU - Inna N. Ponomareva AU - Irina A. Chernykh PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Development of method for determining bottom-hole pressure in production wells BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.38 ID - Galkin2017/07 ER -