Simulation Analysis of Absorptive Chaff Cloud Jamming Performance on Radar Wave
- Jinheng Yang, Xing Wang, Xiaotian Wu, Xiaoxuan Dong
- Corresponding Author
- Jinheng Yang
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.57How to use a DOI?
- Absorptive, Chaff Cloud, Jamming, Radar Wave, Reflection Loss, Transmission Loss
- Absorptive chaff is a light and high-efficiency kind of passive jamming material, which can decline echo amplitude enemy detection that equipment receives largely scattered in the air, thus reducing the probability of being found and tracked by radar equipment. In this paper, the jamming performance of absorptive chaff cloud on radar wave is studied. First, combining the existing research result, the jamming mechanism of absorptive chaff cloud on radar wave is analyzed. Then, according to transmission-line theory and energy conservation principles, the models of reflection loss and transmission loss on the surface of absorber. Finally, the power attenuation model is built, according to which, how radar maximum range changes after interference is obtained. Simulation results show that, absorptive chaff cloud has obvious weaken effect on radar wave. With 100 meters’ thickness, the attenuation can reach 23.4dB, which has some value of application in the battleground.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jinheng Yang AU - Xing Wang AU - Xiaotian Wu AU - Xiaoxuan Dong PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Simulation Analysis of Absorptive Chaff Cloud Jamming Performance on Radar Wave BT - 2018 3rd International Conference on Automation, Mechanical Control and Computational Engineering (AMCCE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.57 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.57 ID - Yang2018/05 ER -