Effects of APC on Hydration and Microstructure of Portland Lime-Mud Cement
- Lihua Zhang, Yunshang Zhang, Laibao Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Lihua Zhang
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.153How to use a DOI?
- pulp mill lime mud, cement, grinding aids, hydration, microstructure.
- This Through the measurement of the hydration heat, the thermo analysis, SEM observation, and analysis on pore structure of the cement paste, we did the research on the effects of Alcamine Periodic Copolymer (APC) grinding aids on hydration and microstructure of Portland Lime-Mud Cement (PLMC). The result indicates that APC can significantly improve the strength of PLMC at ages. Within twelve hour hydration, APC surrounding cement particles slows down the hydration of C3S and C3A, whereas accelerates the hydration in the later stages by lubricating when the surrounding layer is released after twelve hours. The air entrainment by APC broadens overall porosity distribution in the early stage of cement and SEM observation reveals many pores in the cement. In the later stages of hydration, the porosity ratio is decreased and SEM shows increased volumes of interleaved hydration products and denser cement structure.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lihua Zhang AU - Yunshang Zhang AU - Laibao Liu PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Effects of APC on Hydration and Microstructure of Portland Lime-Mud Cement BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.153 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.153 ID - Zhang2017/06 ER -