Pyrolysis of Tobacco Rob: Effect of Particle Size on Kinetic Study
- Yi Yang, Gang Cheng, Xun Chen, Dundun Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Yi Yang
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.154How to use a DOI?
- TGA; TR; Conversion rate.
- During pyrolysis of tobacco rob (TR), the operating parameters such as the temperature, the heating rate, and residence time and particle size affect the process and result of the pyrolysis. Some of these parameters have been closely considered but the particle size of TR is often ignored. In this study, the size of TR particle was considered as a major factor in determining the mass loss in thermogravimetric analysis (TGA). The TGA results showed that the conversion rate increased and the activation energy decreased with a decrease in particle size. Minimizing the size of raw materials is an alternative method to improve the gas quality of TR pyrolysis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yi Yang AU - Gang Cheng AU - Xun Chen AU - Dundun Wang PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Pyrolysis of Tobacco Rob: Effect of Particle Size on Kinetic Study BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.154 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.154 ID - Yang2017/06 ER -