The Role of Government and Industry toward Vocational Schools and their Impact to Graduates’ Quality of Culinary and Hospitality Students in Makassar
- Nahriana Nahriana, Andi Palerangi
- Corresponding Author
- Nahriana Nahriana
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.37How to use a DOI?
- government, industry, vocational school, graduates quality
- This study aims to investigate the contribution or the role of government (X1), industry (X2) toward vocational school (Y) and their impact to graduates’ quality (Z) both direct and indirect contribution. It is a quantitative study. The population of this study was 335 Culinary and Hospitality students in Makassar. This study used proportional random sampling technique in selecting the sample of research and the result was 150 students. In collecting the data, questionnaire and documentation were used. This study employed descriptive analysis and path analysis. The results of the research indicated that all path coefficients were significant so that the alternative hypothesis (ha) was accepted, with the following description: (1) there was a significant contribution of government role to the vocational school of 52.5%; (2) there was a significant contribution of industry to vocational school of 33.8%; (3) there was a significant contribution of the government's role to the quality of graduates of 29.8%; (4) there was a significant contribution of the industry to the quality of graduates in the field of expertise of 22.8% and; (5) there was a significant contribution of vocational school to the quality of graduates of 38.8%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nahriana Nahriana AU - Andi Palerangi PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Role of Government and Industry toward Vocational Schools and their Impact to Graduates’ Quality of Culinary and Hospitality Students in Makassar BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.37 ID - Nahriana2018/07 ER -