A Subak Analogy Model in Computer Network Subject for Vocational Student
- Ketut Agustini, Gede Saindra, Nyoman Sugihartini, Gede Indrawan
- Corresponding Author
- Ketut Agustini
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.39How to use a DOI?
- Subak, model, computer, network
- In a computer network concept, there are abstract and concrete materials. The abstract concept might lead students to misconceptions. This can be avoided by the students’ prior knowledge gained from everyday activities in accordance to the culture and environment. In bridging the abstract concepts into the concrete one, a metacognitive strategy is needed to make the received information become easier to remember and understand. The strategy is done by applying a learning model called analogy. An analogy model can be used as a tool to explain the concept that must be understood by the student. In order to be effective in its implementation, the chosen analogy should already be familiar to the students. Subak is a Balinese organization of irrigation system and is one example of local wisdom known widely in the world. Subak system with its unique resources management is similar to the concept of computer network system. Thus, this study deal with it covering students’ need, their characteristic and instructional analysis. Result shows that the computer network subject can use the analogy of Subak concept.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ketut Agustini AU - Gede Saindra AU - Nyoman Sugihartini AU - Gede Indrawan PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - A Subak Analogy Model in Computer Network Subject for Vocational Student BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.39 ID - Agustini2018/07 ER -