The Effectiveness of Plagiarism Checker Implementation in Scientific Writing for Vocational High School
- Hakkun Elmunsyah, Hary Suswanto, Khoirudin Asfani, Wahyu Hidayat
- Corresponding Author
- Hakkun Elmunsyah
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.42How to use a DOI?
- Softskill, Plagiarism Checkers, VHS, ADDIE
- The development of information technology today has negative impacts for education. These negative effects, among others, that hamper the quality of education are soft skill, especially honesty and self-confidence in their own work and copyright awareness. There are numerous plagiarism cases in Indonesia. Observations from various media and plagiarism interviews are not only done by students, but also teachers, and professors. Conceptually and procedurally, this development study used ADDIE model (Analysis, Design, Developed, Implement, and Evaluate). The population of this study was students of Vocational High School (VHS) in Malang. The qualitative data came from suggestions, criticisms, and general opinions of validators. While the quantitative data obtained from the data in the form of percentage and average score generated from the criteria in the questionnaire of media experts, material experts, and students. Based on the overall analysis of the data collection results, results obtained from Plagiarism Checker software showed very feasible. Another result of software experts was 91.67% (which had the criteria categorized very feasible to use), small group 91.17% (very suitable to use), a large group 90.39% (very feasible to use). Plagiarism Checker software is very worthy used to test the similarity of scientific papers, because the results obtained above 85%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hakkun Elmunsyah AU - Hary Suswanto AU - Khoirudin Asfani AU - Wahyu Hidayat PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Effectiveness of Plagiarism Checker Implementation in Scientific Writing for Vocational High School BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.42 ID - Elmunsyah2018/07 ER -