Constructivist Approach: Students’ Attitude towards the Physics Learning in Vocational High Schools
- Tuwoso Tuwoso, Widiyanti Widiyanti, Andika Putra
- Corresponding Author
- Tuwoso Tuwoso
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.49How to use a DOI?
- constructivist approach, physics learning
- The principles of constructivism have been widely used in science education. Constructivism emphasises knowledge as students’ active construction. A teacher acts as a mediator, convinces what students know, and organises tasks so that students can build knowledge. Students work out meaning in a small group, and then seek approval in a large group/the whole class. The teacher's duties are to monitor student understanding and guide the discussion so that each student actively participates and gets the opportunity to express ideas. This research used descriptive quantitative method. This method was chosen to describe students’ attitude towards physics lessons using the constructivist approach. The research participants were 136 tenth grade students from 4 different schools. The subjects of this study were students who learned physics with the use of constructivist approach. The data gathered were analysed descriptively. The results showed that 69.90% students expressed a very positive attitude towards the physics lessons using the constructivist approach and the rest (30.10%) expressed a positive attitude. Regarding students’ attitude towards their physics teacher using the constructivist approach, most students (70.50%) expressed a very positive attitude and 29.50% students displayed a positive attitude.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tuwoso Tuwoso AU - Widiyanti Widiyanti AU - Andika Putra PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Constructivist Approach: Students’ Attitude towards the Physics Learning in Vocational High Schools BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.49 ID - Tuwoso2018/07 ER -