What do Vocational Teachers, Industries, and Experts View about the Future Learning of Vocational Schools?
- Pardjono Pardjono, Wardan Suyanto, Herminato Sofyan, Wagiran Wagiran
- Corresponding Author
- Pardjono Pardjono
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.55How to use a DOI?
- vocational learning, teacher’s views, industry’s willingness, expert’s on vocational learning
- This research was the preliminary study of a multi-year designed research. The research aims to explore experienced vocational teachers, industry and vocational education experts for vocational learning. This study used quantitative inquiry approach with questioner or inventory and Focus Group Discussion (FGD) as the method of data collection. The subjects of the study were 18 experienced teachers from 18 schools, 15 industry representatives, and 10 experts. The results showed that most teachers were noticed that vocational school needs to be improved, the need for adjustment with development, and certificate of competence for graduates. The industry's willingness to be more encouraged in improving quality of workers of vocational school graduates is interesting. Experts are more interested in exploring alternative system that is more effective. The three parties agree on the need to increase cooperation with industry for the purpose of internship, curriculum development, and learning improvement which should always be updated in align with technology changes.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Pardjono Pardjono AU - Wardan Suyanto AU - Herminato Sofyan AU - Wagiran Wagiran PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - What do Vocational Teachers, Industries, and Experts View about the Future Learning of Vocational Schools? BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.55 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.55 ID - Pardjono2018/07 ER -