The Changes in Aspergillus Sp Population and Biochemical Changes During The Process of Controlled Corn Flour Fermentation and The Rheological Properties of Corn Flour Produced
- Andi Sukainah, Reski Putra, Husnul Hatima
- Corresponding Author
- Andi Sukainah
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.62How to use a DOI?
- Corn Flour, Aspergillus sp, biochemical changes
- This study aims to determine changes in Aspergillus sp population and biochemical changes during the process of controlled corn flour fermentation. The research is divided into two stages. The first stage was the making of starter by adding aquades as much as 100 ml into 50 g of corn flour. Furthermore, Aspergillus sp culture which has been incubated for 5 days was added to the corn flour batter and then, incubated for 48 hours. The second stage was the starter applied to the batter of corn flour 500 grams that was added water as many as 1000 ml (1: 2) with starter concentrations of 1%, 3% and 5%. The cornflour was fermented for 24 hours and 48 hours. The variables observed were the amount of molds, pH value, and total acid at fermentation liquid and the rheological properties of corn flour produced. The results showed rheological properties of the best fermented corn flour were produced from 1% treatment with 24 hours fermentation length of 4533.33 Cps. The rheological properties of the corn flour results are included in the non-newtonian category (pseudoplastic flow). During fermentation process, starter concentration treatment of 1 % with fermentation of 24 hours has amounted fungi (9.22 logs / ml), pH value 4.92) and total acid (0.36%)
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Andi Sukainah AU - Reski Putra AU - Husnul Hatima PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Changes in Aspergillus Sp Population and Biochemical Changes During The Process of Controlled Corn Flour Fermentation and The Rheological Properties of Corn Flour Produced BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.62 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.62 ID - Sukainah2018/07 ER -