Development of The Nutrition Pocketbook as a Nutrition Education Media in School
- Esi Emilia, Risti Rosmiati, Rachmat Mulyana
- Corresponding Author
- Esi Emilia
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.63How to use a DOI?
- adolescent, nutrition education, pocketbook, school
- The objectives of the study were to develop the nutrition pocketbook regarding dietary guidelines for adolescents and do the pilot test of the nutrition pocketbook to analyze the nutritional behavior of junior high school students. The research was conducted from March to August 2016 at Three Junior High School (SMP) in Medan city. Fourteen nutritional messages would be designed into the nutrition pocketbook. They were 1) Eat a variety of foods; 2) Consume high fiber foods that eat plenty of vegetables and fruits; 3) Eat breakfast every day; 4) Increase knowledge about nutrition and reproduction health relationship; 5) Consume iron-rich foods; 6) Consume calcium-rich foods; 7) Eat a variety of staple foods; 8) Limit consumption of sweet, salty and fatty foods; 9) Limit consumption of fast foods; 10) Read the labels of packaged foods; 11) Consume safe foods; 12) Do physical activity regularly and maintain a normal weight; 13) No smoking, alcoholic beverages, and drugs; 14) Drink 8 glasses of water a day. The nutrition pocketbook has been designed according to the adolescent needs and validated by nutrition, educational and media experts. Pilot test showed that nutrition pocketbook could increase nutritional behavior of samples.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Esi Emilia AU - Risti Rosmiati AU - Rachmat Mulyana PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Development of The Nutrition Pocketbook as a Nutrition Education Media in School BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.63 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.63 ID - Emilia2018/07 ER -