Islamic Wedding Attraction in Entrepreneur Vocational Perspective
- Mutimmatul Faidah, Imami Rahayu, Amalia Ruhana, Lilik Rakhmawati
- Corresponding Author
- Mutimmatul Faidah
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.64How to use a DOI?
- wedding, vocational, islamic value, form, meaning
- This study aims to describe form and meaning of the Islamic wedding in Lumpur Village. This research is a qualitative descriptive research. The data were collected using interviews, observation, and documentation. The result of this research is Pencak Macan (a wedding ceremony based on Javanese tradition) as the tradition of people from Lumpur Village, Gresik Regency. Pencak Macan shows 4 characters, namely tiger, monkey, warrior, and Genderuwo (a type of genie or spirit which can manifest into human-like apes based on the Javanese myth). The characters in this Pencak Macan tell about many conflicts and problems faced by bride and groom (husband and wife) in the married life. The convoy of warrior in the tradition of Pencak Macan reflects that human being must constantly remember the Almighty God. Islamic values in this show are monotheism, da'wah, justice, knowledge, kinship, aesthetics, and social values.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mutimmatul Faidah AU - Imami Rahayu AU - Amalia Ruhana AU - Lilik Rakhmawati PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Islamic Wedding Attraction in Entrepreneur Vocational Perspective BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.64 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.64 ID - Faidah2018/07 ER -